COVID-19: Moving Forward Together - Wisconsin Strong!
May 27, 2020
As we all begin to move toward a new normal, know that we have taken steps to ensure we can provide you the best camping experience in the safest way possible. As expected, our reopening must align with governmental mandates on both the Federal and state level, as well as local mandates through our public health officer and other licensing boards. Please be advised that the recommendations provided to you by this campground, may not be the same as our neighbors’ campground.
You have to make the decisions on your own behalf on whether or not you wish to camp and it is at your own risk. No one is in the position to assure anyone will be a “safe” contact. The following information is to let you know what your responsibilities are during your stay to ensure the enjoyment and safety of everyone at the park. GAFC cannot promise that you will not get COVID-19, but we would like to increase everyone’s chances that it passes up our families.
What is expected of our guests?
- Only self-contained units will be allowed. No tents, pop-ups or campers without bathrooms.
- It is imperative that you follow social distancing requirements of at least 6 feet or more between all individuals not part of a single household.
- Keep your circle small and you are encouraged to keep a contact log.
- Families camping together may gather together.
- VISITORS are limited to family only and they must be registered at The Frog Hop.
- The Frog Hop will be open with limited hours (bathrooms available while open). Unfortunately, we have lost all of our summer help.
- Stay home if you're sick with respiratory symptoms or have had contact with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19.
- Following all other public health recommendations issued by DHS and the CDC.
What is temporarily closed?
- Until further notice: shower house/bathroom and the Dew Drop Pond, planned activities.
- We have opened our playground, gaga ball pit, the frog pond, and volleyball & basketball courts.
- Swimming is available at Round Lake where there is a boat launch, small beach and picnic area to enjoy. Please be respectful of other guests enjoying the outdoors with you and make sure you pick up after yourself!
What CAN you do at the camper?
- Stargazing, relaxing with family, cozy campfires, biking or hiking local trails, fishing, enjoying the music of the geese, sandhill cranes, frogs and yes….donkeys, jumping in puddles if it rains, playing cards or games with your family, telling stories or playing the guitar around the campfire are just a few ideas that will make priceless memories!
What can you do for the community?
- Please bring trash bags, food, and supplies with you from your home to avoid unnecessary trips to local stores.
- Gas up before leaving home to avoid stopping at local gas stations.
- On May 1st, we opened for daily overnight or weekend guests who have self-contained camping units (bathroom facilities on-board).
- We will be available at The Frog Hop for check-in. Our usual check-in time is 3pm, unless you have made other arrangements prior to your arrival.
- If you need propane, firewood, ice or other necessities, we can help you at check-in.
- Per usual, no firewood is to be brought into the campground.
Reservations & Cancellations
- Anyone who needs to cancel a reservation will receive a credit voucher to use at a different time this summer or next. We miss you and want to see you!
Kevin & Angie