COVID-19: Moving Forward Together - Wisconsin Strong!
June 30, 2020
Please be advised that the recommendations provided to you by this campground may not be the same as our neighbors’ campground.
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, is an extremely contagious virus that spreads easily through person-to-person contact. Federal and state authorities recommend social distancing as a means to prevent the spread of the virus. COVID-19 can lead to severe illness, personal injury, permanent disability, and death. Participating in this organization’s programs or accessing our facilities could increase the risk of contracting COVID-19. This organization in no way warrants that COVID-19 infection will not occur through participation in our programs or accessing our facilities.
You have to make the decisions on your own behalf on whether or not you wish to camp, and it is at your own risk. No one is in the position to assure anyone will be a “safe” contact. The following information is to let you know what your responsibilities are during your stay to ensure the enjoyment and safety of everyone at the park. GAFC cannot promise that you will not get COVID-19, but we would like to increase everyone’s chances that it passes up our families.
What is expected of our guests?
- It is imperative that you follow social distancing requirements of at least 6 feet or more between all individuals, not part of a single household.
- Keep your circle small, and you are encouraged to keep a contact log.
- Families camping together may gather together.
- VISITORS must be registered at The Frog Hop and provide a $5/day/guest fee. By WI law, we are required to keep a guest/visitor registry in the event of a communicable disease outbreak or natural disaster.
- The Frog Hop will be open with limited hours due to the loss of our summer help. Bathrooms are available inside during business hours. There is a porta-a-potty bathroom in both the South & West portions of the campground. The shower house is restricted to only those guests staying in tents or pop-ups without toiletry accommodations.
- Stay home if you're sick with respiratory symptoms or have had contact with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19.
- Following all other public health recommendations issued by DHS and the CDC.
- We are allowing a limited number of tents, pop-ups, or campers without bathrooms. The shower house will be available to these guests ONLY!
- All other campers with self-contained units (restroom facilities on-board) are welcome to use the restrooms in The Frog Hop during hours of operation or the port-a-potty.
- We have opened our playground, gaga ball pit, the frog pond, and volleyball & basketball courts.
- The Dew Drop Pond will open! The water park will not be installed. Please feel free to bring your own floating device, but not oversized objects, so we have room for all. Also, bring your own lawn chair for the beach and umbrella if needed (stakes are not allowed as they will puncture our rubber liner). And by all means, don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Swimming is available at Round Lake County Park (117th St.), where there is a boat launch, small beach, and picnic area to enjoy. Please be respectful of other guests enjoying the outdoors with you and make sure you pick up after yourself!
What is temporarily closed or canceled?
- Until further notice: shower house/bathroom (other than those in a tent, pop-up or camper without restroom facilities), planned activities that do not promote social distancing.
What CAN you do at the camper?
- Stargazing, relaxing with family, cozy campfires, biking or hiking local trails, fly a kite, fishing, enjoying the music of the geese, sandhill cranes, frogs and yes….donkeys, jumping in puddles if it rains, playing cards or board games with your family, telling stories or playing the guitar around the campfire, making pudgy pies and s’mores are just a few ideas that will create priceless memories!
What can you do for the community?
- Please bring trash bags, food, and supplies with you from your home to avoid unnecessary trips to local stores.
- Gas up before leaving home to avoid stopping at local gas stations.
- We will be available at The Frog Hop for check-in. Our usual check-in time is 3pm, unless you have made other arrangements prior to your arrival.
- If you need propane, firewood, ice, or other necessities, we can help you at check-in.
- Per usual, no firewood is to be brought into the campground.
Reservations & Cancellations
- Anyone who needs to cancel a reservation will receive a credit voucher to use at a different time this summer or next. We miss you and want to see you!
Kevin & Angie